Both Messi and Maradona is the best footballer in Argentina national football team, but the football spectator wants to know, who is better Messi or Maradona. The Argentine football viewer or the whole world football spectator believes that, Maradona and Messi are best footballers in the history of football world.
The Argentine people always remember both Messi and Maradona, because they have achieved the most valuable honors for their country. Are you know, who is called the Hand of God in the football history? Now, we are trying to visibly discuss below who is best Messi or Maradona?
Messi Vs Maradona
Diego Armando Maradona was an International Argentine ex- professional footballer. He was born on 30 October 1960 and his birth place Dique Luján, Argentina. His full name was Diego Armando Maradona. In November 2020, he died at his own home in Dique Luján, Argentina for the disease of cardiac arrest. When he died, his age was 60.
The previous history in football world, there was many greatest footballers in different National football team. Who is he, who’s regarded as the top footballer of the 1980s? Generally, we know there was greatest footballer which was Pele or Maradona.
As a next generation Argentine footballer, Lionel Messi is grabbed the mind of football spectator. He was started his youth football career in 1992, at the youth club of “Grandoli”.
Now, he is joined in the club of Paris Saint-Germain (PSG). He has a pervious club record; of that record have no any other international football player. He was played long periods in a one club. This club name is FC Barcelona. Here, his record was highest record of the other football player.
Maradona’s club career
From 1976 to 1981, total five years, Maradona was played for “Argentinos Juniors club”. In this club, he was played total of 166 games and he scored total 116 goals. He was the youngest player on this time of club history. In the club of Boca Juniors from 1981 to 1982, he was played only one year but his performances were very well.
In 1982, he is joined in the club of Barcelona. Here, he was played total two years and he was appearance 36 games and he was scored 22 goals. His long club career was in “Napoli football club“. In this club, he was contracted from 1984 to 1991. Here, he was played total 188 matches and he scored 81 goals.
In club, Maradona was highest scorer footballer on that time. He was played overall 491 games and his score was admirable. In different club his scored was 259 goals.
Messi’s club career
In 2003, first time Messi was joined in “Barcelona C” club. Here, he was played two years. Then, in 2004 to 2005, he was selected in “Barcelona B” group. In “Barcelona B and C group” he was played 32 games and he attained 11 goals.
The next time, he was signed in “Barcelona Club”. Here, he was played from 2004 to 2021. In this club, he has a large amount of achievement. As a professional club footballer he has played 520 games and scored 474 goals in this Barcelona club. You can get here also who is the best Messi or Ronaldo?
Messi Vs Maradona Club, Personal and International record
We know Maradona and Messi is the highest scorer footballer in the football word. Their records are given below:
Messi’s Club, Personal and International record
From 2004 to 2021, Messi was played more than 553 games in the club of Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG). Internationally, he is playing total of 153 games. Both club and national team his performed is very excellent. In his club career, he scored 485 goals and; in his international career he is also scored 79 goals.
Read also: who is better Messi or Pele with Messi VS Pele record
In 2005, Messi was selected in Argentina National football team. In his international career he won many vital awards which are given below:
- 2005- FIFA U-20 World Cup
- 2008, Summer Olympics
- 2007, Copa America runner-up
- 2015, Copa America runner-up
- 2016, Copa America runner-up
- 2021, Winner of Copa America
- 2014, FIFA World Cup runner-up
Club and Personal record
In his club career, he wins total of 35 awards which are given below:
- La Liga for ten times
- Copa del Rey for seven times
- Supercapa de Espana for eight times
- UEFA Champions League for four times
- UEFA Super Cup for three times
- FIFA Club World Cup for three times
His personal record:
- FIFA Ballon d’r for six times
- In 2009, FIFA World Player of the Year
- In 2019, the Best FIFA Men’s Player
- European Golden Shoe for six times
- In 2014, FIFA World Cup Golden Ball
- La Liga Best Player for six times
- Argentine Footballer of the Year for 12 times
- In 2020, Laureus World Sportsman of the Year
- In 2020, Ballon d’Or Dream Team
Who is better Messi or Maradona club, personal and International record
Maradona was the top scorer footballer both in club and international team. His club, personal and international achievement is given below:
In 1977, Maradona is joined in Argentina National team. In his international career, he has won the “FIFA World Cup (1986)” one time which is the ‘ultimate honor’ for a footballer. Then, in 1979 and 1993 he won FIFA World Youth Championship and Artemio Franchi Trophy.
Club and Personal record
Personally and as a club footballer, Maradona won many honorable awards which are given below:
In 1981, Argentine Primera División (Boca Juniors)
In 1982 to 1983, Copa del Rey, Copa de la Liga and Supercopa de España (Barcelona)
Serie A, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italiana and UEFA Cup (Napoli)
His personal record:
- From 1978-1980, Argentine Primera División top scorers
- In 1979, FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Ball and Silver Shoe
- Olimpia de Oro (1979 and 1986)
- Argentine Football Writers’ Footballer of the Year for 4 times
- Official award- South American Footballer of the Year
- In 1985, Guerin d’Oro
- 1989-90, UNICEF European Footballer of the Season
- In 1986, FIFA World Cup Golden Ball, Silver Shoe and Most Assists
- 1986 to 1990, FIFA World Cup All-Star Team
- In 1986, L’Équipe Champion of Champions
- 1990, FIFA World Cup Bronze Ball
- In 1994, FIFA World Cup All-Time Team
- In 1995, South American Team of the Year
- 1995, Ballon d’Or for services to football
- In 1998, World Team of the 20th Century
- In 2000, FIFA Player of the Century
- 2002, FIFA World Cup Dream Team
- 2003, Golden Foot (as the football legend)
- In 2004, 100 FIFA Greatest Living Players
- 2010, in World Cup History Greatest Footballers
- In 2012, Player Career Award (Globe Soccer Awards)
- 2017, All-time Greatest Football Players
- In 2018, in World Cup History, Greatest Football Players
- All-time Napoli top scorer (1991-2017)
- In 2015, All-time AFA Team
- Top 50 (L’Équipe’s) South-American footballers in history
- (IFFHS) Legends
- 2020, Dream Team of Ballon d’Or
Messi Vs Maradona, who is better
Messi is one of the best players in football history. In his football career, he is playing total 706 games and he is attained 564 goals. He won the top honor such as: Champion of Copa America (2021), runner-up of “FIFA World Cup” (2014), and 6 times FIFA Ballon d’r.
Diego Armando Maradona was the top footballers in the history of football world. He won the most venerable award “FIFA World Cup” in 1986. He won another two honorable achievement which was FIFA World Youth Championship (1979) and Artemio Franchi Trophy (1993).
Though Maradona is an internationally high scorer footballer but Messi is good performer in the club history.
We like to say that, you can recognize, who is better Messi or Maradona if you read the entire article.